This position delivers excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. Responds to member and guest needs, acts as a brand ambassador, and maintains cleanliness, professionalism and organization of front desk area.
1. Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants inside the Y, online and on the phone contributing to member retention; assists existing and prospective members regarding their individual membership needs.
2. Greets and assists all members, potential members, program participants and staff in a courteous, professional and friendly manner.
3. Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and to the mission and purpose of the YMCA.
4. Provides membership and program information and requirements in an accurate and courteous manner.
5. Handles and resolves membership concerns and engages supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
6. Assists with enforcing code of conduct and other membership policies.
7. Member of the Y Cares service initiative team
8. Assists Marketing & Communications Director and other departments with standard office functions as needed
9. Utilizes computer as primary function of position (CRM database, cloud-based software, printer and scanner, tablet, internet and occasional standard use of Microsoft Word; will receive training for specific on-the-job uses of these applications)
One year related experience (customer service, retail, office) preferred.
Minimum age of 18.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills a must.
Fulfillment of state-specific hiring standards and completion of YMCA program-specific training.
Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
Commitment to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Basic computer skills required.
Job Type: Part-Time
Schedule: Flexible (multiple positions available to accommodate both those looking for minimal to maximum part-time hours); early morning, afternoon, evening and weekend shifts (current summer business hours are M-Fr 6:30AM-7PM & Sat 8AM-1PM)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
Adaptable/flexible -- responds positively to the changing needs of the team
Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture