Meet our Y Team.
Meet our Volunteer Leadership.
Vice President, Board of Directors
Board of Directors
President, Board of Directors
Board of Directors
Board of Directors
Board of Directors
The Fulton County YMCA is seeking Day Camp Counselors! Camp Counselors are responsible for the overall supervision of campers with the aim of providing a healthy, safe and enjoyable camp environment and experience. A good Camp Counselor often has strong leadership and is creative in planning and implementing programs and activities for campers. Counselors are responsible in assuring compliance with NYS Department of Health regulations, YMCA code of conduct, and employee responsibilities.
1. Plans, leads, and implements camp programs for children.
2. Provides high-quality educational and recreational opportunities and enjoyable experiences for camp participants.
3. Supervises campers and ensures their safety, development, growth, skill achievement, and general well-being.
4. Maintains a schedule for camp participants.
5. Facilitates and creates lesson plans for daily activities.
6. Organizes and leads various small and large group activities.
7. Ensures the cleanliness of the camp grounds.
8. Knows and understands all emergency procedures associated with the camp program.
9. Mediates any campers’ disputes.
10. Knows, enforces, and follows all safety guidelines associated with the camp program, including knowing the whereabouts of your campers at all times.
11. Ensure a safe, healthy, clean environment following all COVID 19 cleaning and disinfecting protocols and procedures.
1. Must be 16 years old or older.
2. Enjoys being in the company of children.
5. Communication skills
7. Problem-solving skills
9. Caring personality
10. Organization skills
11. Mediation skills
12. Ability to perform a variety of tasks outside in various climates
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading charity committed to strengthening community. Cleans and sanitizes assigned areas, including such duties as mopping, dusting, and trash removal. May complete duties related to window washing, meeting set up, pool cleaning, snow removal, grounds keeping, and other related responsibilities.
1. Ensures Y is attractive and clean by completing all housekeeping duties listed on the daily schedule and maintains upkeep of assigned area and equipment. May perform mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, pool cleaning, painting, vacuuming, and general cleaning.
2. Perform seasonal activities dealing with lawn care and snow removal when necessary.
3. Operates related motorized and non-motorized equipment.
4. Records and reports all needed repairs; repairs as directed.
5. Ensures YMCA building and property is a safe environment for staff and members and reports all incidents and hazardous conditions to the Building & Grounds Manager.
6. Replaces soap, paper towels, and other supplies.
7. Assists in set up of furniture/equipment for special events.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. One year prior experience in custodial work preferred.
2. Excellent human relation skills and communication skills.
3. Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
4. Ability to report and record maintenance requests.
5. Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment.
6. Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
7. Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.
2. Ability to lift and carry items up to 50 pounds.
3. Ability to hear noises and distress signals.
4. Ability to see and use a computer.
5. Ability to erect and stand on ladders and platforms at heights up to 30 feet.
6. Ability to work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
7. Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed.
8. Ability to work in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
9. Ability to perform essential maintenance to facility or equipment which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: climbing, bending, stooping, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking hearing, visual acuity,
crouching, kneeling, shoveling, carrying, working in narrow and/or confining spaces: underground, overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back.
Under the direction of the Aquatics Coordinator, the lifeguard carries the primary responsibility for the safety and well being of all persons in the pool area. The lifeguard enforces all pool rules and regulations and uses good judgment and experience to prevent accidents. If an incident or accident occurs, the lifeguard will act within FCYMCA procedures in aiding the individual(s).
Minimum of 16 years of age.
Current CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification.
Current certification in First Aid.
Current aquatic certifications (YMCA or Red Cross)
Be able to pass the FCYMCA swim test, as administered by the Aquatic Coordinator.
Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of the YMCA and its capacity to build strong kids, families and communities. The ability to articulate and model YMCA’s four core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibilities are essential.
1. To actively guard the pool from a standing position or lifeguard chair, at all times and never leave the pool unattended. Prior to ever leaving the pool, arranges for relief by a certified lifeguard or clear the pool of all swimmers and lock the door until a certified lifeguard appears. Never engages in extended conversations or other activities while guarding the
2. Enforce pool rules and regulations of the FCYMCA as well as any branch specific regulations.
3. Signal infraction of pool rule through use of a whistle, which should be carried at all times.
4. Set up lane lines and safety ropes as required by pool program scheduling.
5. Ensure the pool area is neat and clean prior to ending shift (pick up kick boards, pull buoys and ropes, check safety equipment, etc).
6. Interact with all members and staff in a professional, courteous and friendly manner.
7. Open and close the pool according to the branch procedures.
8. Test and note whirlpool and pool chemical levels (chlorine, pH) in the Pool Log Book when not assigned to pool surveillance.
9. In the case of an emergency during a lock-in, close the pool and immediately respond.
10. In the case of a lock in, secure all pool access doors at the end of the pool time.
11. Maintain cleanliness of facility as a member of Clean Team.
12. All other duties, as assigned.
This work requires the following physical activities: climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing, visual acuity and swimming. The work is performed primarily indoors.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading charity committed to strengthening community. Interacts with new and existing members to help them in achieving their health and well-being goals. Provides excellent customer service through guiding, supporting and motivating members by creating a welcoming environment for all members of all backgrounds and abilities.
Coach members to support of their desired behavior change. Regularly checks on members’ progress in meeting personal and program goals.
Supervise the wellness center, enforcing policies and procedures, as well as assisting members, as needed, by being physically present in the wellness center.
Answers questions from members to support them in achieving their goals related to healthy living. Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
Builds effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the Fulton County YMCA.
Utilizes tools and information for the purpose of increasing member knowledge of wellness as well as wellness programs provided through the YMCA (handouts, schedules, etc.).
May conduct post-enrollment interviews to understand new members’ definition of well- being, personal goals, cultural background, healthcare needs, diverse abilities and interests and develops plans to meet their individual needs.
Maintains and cleans equipment according to the schedule or as requested by supervisor.
Assist members in the wellness center by conducting health questionnaire screening and demonstrating proper equipment usage and exercise technique.
Follows Fulton County YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations (weather, etc.).
Maintain cleanliness of the facility as a member of Clean Team.
Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Current CPR and national certification (YMCA, ACE, NETA, AFAA, and NASM) in Wellness required.
2. Minimum of one year experience in wellness field.
3. YMCA Healthy Lifestyles certification within 60 days of hire.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading charity committed to strengthening community. Provides excellent customer service through guiding, supporting and motivating members through in-depth personal wellness training, testing, and exercise prescription. Interacts with new and existing members to help them in achieving their health and well-being goals. Creates a welcoming environment for all members of all backgrounds and abilities.
1. Leads energizing, fun, safe, and educational personal training sessions, as directed by the supervisor, to accomplish the Fulton County YMCA mission and goals.
2. Conduct health screening questionnaire to ask and answer questions from program participants and members to support them in achieving their goals related to health and well-being.
3. Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members. Assist members with proper usage of wellness equipment and exercise techniques
4. Builds effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members and program participants connect with each other and the Fulton County YMCA.
5. Customize regimens for members based on an analysis of their specific needs, health, and body requirements. Observes and adjusts approach to support all participants’ capabilities, physical conditions, health, and culture.
6. Celebrates achievement related to personal goals, mastering of specific skills or overall health and well-being.
7. Keeps accurate personal training session records.
8. Follows Fulton County YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations (weather, closings, etc.).
9. Maintain cleanliness of the facility as a member of Clean Team.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. BA/BS in Physical Ed., Recreation, Sports Mgt., or a related field or equivalent experience preferred.
2. Current CPR and national certification (ACE, NETA, AFAA, and NASM) in Personal Training instruction or YMCA Foundations of Strength and Conditioning certification required.
3. Minimum of one year experience in wellness field
4. YMCA Healthy Lifestyles certification within 60 days of hire.
5. At least one year of experience teaching group wellness classes preferred.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading charity committed to strengthening community. Assists with the instruction of various programs for youths and adults, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the participants and members in the program.
1. Ensure designated program areas such as the gym or game room is set up for activities and that all equipment is broken down and put away prior to leaving. Ensure that program areas are cleaned and maintained.
2. Ensure all children are signed in and out, if necessary for the specific program and age group.
3. Supervise the program participants in designated program areas such as the gym or other areas, participating with participants as necessary.
4. Familiarity with and ability to implement emergency procedures.
5. Assist in maintaining all necessary records.
6. Interact in a friendly and age appropriate manner with all participants and members.
7. Enforce all rules of the facility.
8. Maintain a safe work environment, free of clutter, debris and hazardous conditions.
9. Report all accidents and incidents involving self, participants, guests and other employees.
10. Familiar with and able to implement emergency procedures.
11. Maintain cleanliness of the facility as a member of Clean Team.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum of 16 years of age.
2. Prior organized sports or recreation experience preferred, preferably in a supervisory or lead role.
3. CPR preferred.
4. Excellent organizational, communication and problem solving skills.
5. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
Member Services Representative (Front Desk)
The Member Service Staff at the Y is an integral part of the success of the entire facility. You are the gate keepers, the program registrars, sales people and often the face of the Y. It is important that you take that role seriously, and understand that by managing the front desk professionally, you set the tone for the rest of the staff and facility. It is imperative that you enforce the rules according to YMCA policy, and elevate any issues to the proper director.
1. Responsible for cash bag, passwords to system and keys to lock boxes.
2. Receiving payments made to the Y for classes and programs.
3. Must be able to perform all duties of front desk as listed in desk manual and perform other related duties as assigned.
4. Responsible for access to the Y facility, programs, classes and functions.
5. Must be comfortable with costumer service.
6. Responsible for using the phone system and light office duties as need ie: copies, collating, record keeping, etc.
7. Must be able to give proper information out about all Y classes, programs, schedules, events and be up to date on all policies and procedures of the Y.
8. Must keep desk area neat and clean.
9. Must arrive promptly for scheduled shift wearing uniform shirt/bottoms, and appropriate foot wear is required.
10. Must remember to alert your Director to any problems or issues during your shift.
Director of Operations
Basic first aid and CPR certifications. WSI or YMCA Progressive Swim Instructor Certification Preferred.
Responsible for supervision and instruction of children during progressive swim lessons.
1. Ensures individual child safety by enforcing all safety rules and guidelines.
2. Relate well with both children and parents.
3. Keep accurate record of attendance of students.
4. Dress appropriately.
5. Is punctual.
6. Instruct in a structured, professional manner.
7. Never leave pool area with student in the pool.
8. Perform the necessary skills test of students before progressing to the next level.
9. Check facility both before and after swim classes for damages, litter, lost items, etc.
10. Report any injuries or damages of property to Director of Operations
11. Notify Director of Operations and participants when class needs to be canceled.
12. Start and end classes on time, as scheduled.